Introductory

Thoughts, a diary... things I don't think people read anymore. (Which is good for me.)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Lucky I'm In Love...

...with my...

UKE.

Not to be confused with freako yaoi terms, you sickos. [Uke = ukelele/ukulele (apparently, either way you spell it, it's still right.)]

So my summer vacation has been alright so far - pretty much just been playing the Playstation 2, playing ukulele, hanging out with friends, or reading. I think I mentioned some of that in my last post. Oh yeah, speaking of reading...

I RECOMMEND READING THE LOVELY BONES. I flew past it in a few hours (technically it was days, but that's cuz I took like a two-week reading hiatus). It's a fantastic novel, and makes you think a lot about when you die, how you'll die, when and how your friends will die, and if you'll see your pets in heaven. I like the concepts...and the writing is fantastic. Very suspenseful. I'm kinda weird, because when I'm in suspense (whether it be a show or book or movie) I'll pause, freak out, think deeply, then continue. I dunno...you'd have to watch me. I'm pretty funny when I'm alone. Anyway, I cried about five times: two times within the first fifty pages, and three times within the last hundred.

I really do forget how fun reading is sometimes. It's great because when I read, I get the urge to write. I should read some more, haha.

---------------

In correspondance to the title of this post, I can play "Lucky" by Jason Mraz ft Colbie Caillat on the ukulele. It's kinda cute, since I love that song more so than I should, just because it's so inexplicably sweet. And I'm extremely sappy-happy (my emotional version of the term "trigger-happy"). It just sounds nice.

Hurr hurr.

I'm in the process of either learning "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", "Hair", or "Teenage Dream". I'd like to learn the latter, but I looked up the chords for it; you only use Dmaj7 and C, but it's weird...I need to figure out the strum pattern but I'm a lazy mofo. I'd really like to do some Lady Gaga covers, just cuz I'm an obsessive freak like that. "Hair" is basically my theme song, so that is definitely my first choice. I can't read tabs, and I can't find any chords online for the song, so I'll have to study up on some YouTube videos, or just make them up myself. Which shouldn't be that hard, right? It's just a matter of placing which sound where, and all that jazz. By playing the ukulele I figured out that I'm more musically apt than I had initially anticipated. I have never played an instrument in my life, except for the recorder...but that's a mandatory thing that we all have to play in elementary school. Most of you all should know, right? Ha...

Oh wait, I just remembered that I used to play the drums too. *yawn* I'm tired...and it's like 1 in the morning. It's not as late as it could be, but with how active I've been lately with roaming around town in the summer breeze, or just chilling outside washing my truck, life gets physically tiring, ya know?

---------------

So I saw The Green Lantern the other day. It was horrible. Don't go see it, unless you're a diehard fan. I only know parts of the actual story, and I was just sitting there laughing with my friends John and Sierra. We're all like "Ryan Reynolds, just gtfo!" The movie was too serious to have any funny remarks...it was just fail. Though, Sinestro, or however the hell you spell it (I'm too lazy to Google it) looked like a red-faced version of Hitler. Kind of acted like him, too.

YEAH OK I'M DONE AND TIRED. I'll post my Twilight fanfic in my next post. You'll all have a great time with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment