Introductory

Thoughts, a diary... things I don't think people read anymore. (Which is good for me.)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Neon Dance, YEAH BUDDY.

So last night was our high school's Neon Dance (which, is basically, "a rave without the implications of drugs and alcohol"). Though, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure there were drugs somewhere in there...under the bleachers...along with the pervy freaks who were giving HJs and BJs. I mean, trouble always follows the fluorescence of glow stick bracelets and necklaces.

Anyway...

The dance was pretty freakin' sweet. I regret not going last year - I had SAT testing the day after last year's dance, and it wouldn't have been a good mix for my test, but mannnnnn I should have went. The dance was sick. Fist pumping, flashing lights, glow-in-the-dark paint, ripped open glow sticks everywhere...definitely a high school "highlight" (aha pun). My body hasn't felt this sore in a while - like, my calves hurt like a mofo, my arms kinda ache, and I still can't hear out of my left ear.

So the dance was Saturday (yesterday, as previously stated), and at about 12pm my friend John and his sister Sierra picked me up, along with Eliane and Katie to prep for the dance. So we go to Michael's (a craft store) and get a bunch of supplies to make our own shirts. We get neon paint, glow-in-the-dark paint, and white shirts; we then traverse Big 5 and purchase white headbands, and then make it back to John's house. We make the shirts (the freakin' drying time was like 4 hours...3 if you use a blow dryer), fix up the headbands, and proceed to the dance.

Raveglowsticksraveglowsticksravefistpumpfistpumpravefistpumpfistpumpraveraveglowsticks.

And so the cliche "Time flies when you're having fun" enacts: the approximate 2.5 hours of dance time flew by in a blink and a splash of water, and we made our separate ways as the music died down into the YMCA. However, Eliane and I split up with the Sierra-John-Katie team and merged with our other friends Ari and Karina, and we hit the beach. It was only like 11pm at this point - and the night was still young. So we chilled at the beach for a while, then decided to walk to Taco Bell because we're hungry and thirsty. However, they closed early ("Closed till midnight or later" our asses) so we were all like WTF and went to the liquor store instead and bought soda, beef jerky, ice-cream, and cookies.

Our bodies are super sore now, and it looks like we just had a hardcore session of anal sex. Or, if you want to sound optimistic, we had the complete swagger of a cripple. And, even though I'm really sore right now, it was all worth it, because the Neon Dance and all of the adventures that followed it really added to my list of great high school memories. I'm glad we all went, guys - it's really nice to let loose once in a while.

[Reason for blog post title: I put glow sticks in my tank top. And I'm..."well endowed".]

NEEYEAH :3

2 comments: